Monday, January 2, 2012

Baby's 1st Christmas

Was ridic! We went to three Christmases, she wore two poofy, glittery, uncomfortable dresses, sat on a strange, fat man's lap for a photo opp, and now we have countless toys and nowhere to put them. I'm in the market for some sort of storage ottoman that can double as a toy box and still look respectable in my living room.

Uncomfortable Dress #1

Uncomfortable Dress #2

So terrifying. Probably the last time this happens. Plus he was not legit. Santa does not dress like Punky Brewster!
One of her faves.
I also had a pretty incredible Christmas. This blog is being brought to you by my brand new laptop! Our other one was such a piece that you couldn't use it for anything unless you had more than two hours and a never-ending supply of patience. Most of the time it incited such rage that my vocabulary was reduced to nothing but expletives for the next hour. Trinity gave Travis and me a Kinect for Christmas so we can be a little less fat and lazy. This is a perfect gift for us because we are SUPER coordinated. The dancing game doesn't even know what to do when we hit the screen; it's so taken aback by our outstanding sense of rhythm.

The day after Christmas, the beeb and I headed up to Washington again to visit some family and friends. It's rough making that trip all by yourself, although I think I managed a little bit better than the last time. I of course still had to pee about halfway through the drive, and again my precious was sleeping so peacefully in the backseat. Since everyone gave me so much shit about leaving her in the car for less than a minute last time (high horse, anyone?) I woke her ass up and drug her into the bathroom with me, where I had to hold her while I peed. Have you ever tried to hover while holding 20 extra pounds in your arms? It's not an easy task. And then I had to complete the rest with one hand. It took forever, and then she was wide awake the rest of the way. It really made so much more sense to leave her be, but whatever, I'm all for doing the right thing. We had an amazing trip, and aside from no sleep because my little manipulator learned quickly that I didn't want her to cry at night and keep the others awake, I would deem it highly successful.


A nightmare of mine occured the day before New Year's Eve. The plan was to drop Travis off at work and then spend the rest of the day at my parents'. We would leave Trinity there that night and then go off to the coast to celebrate New Year's. I packed everything she would need for a few days and made a big batch of baby food. We left around 5:30 in the morning, and at about 6 I realized that I forgot the formula. She was going to need it as soon as I got to my parents', and I had nothing. There was only one thing I could do. I had to stop at Walmart. It wouldn't have been so bad except I was in my pajamas, complete with a robe. Trinity was also in her pjs, and it was pouring down rain. I couldn't go in with my robe, so I put on my nice wool pea coat, which complimented the outfit beautifully. I woke up my poor baby and whisked her through the rain inside Walmart, where thankfully there were other people casually shopping in their pjs. Sweet. The cashier didn't even bat an eye at the trainwreck that was happening right before her. Lesson learned. I'll never forget the formula again. Luckily she can start drinking normal milk soon. I should have bought stock in Enfamil.

Did I mention she crawls now? She looks like a soldier slithering away from an explosion, but it's mobility nonetheless.

I will cut you, M'er F'er


1 comment:

  1. The high horse on leaving the baby in car is because that's the one thing on the list of things you think you won't do that most of us probably never did (and, it made us feel a little better about ourselves after the others on the list we do), not that we didn't consider it or spend longer formulating the risks of abduction or worse some other mother seeing our action as we made the mad dash to finally pee in privacy (you will learn how sweet those moments alone can be when she walks!) - then in the end, essentially buckling to peer pressure and getting the damn baby carrier out of the car, as you did this time.

    Circle back next year on cosleeping, TV babysitting, seperate meal making.... LOL. What I've learned is its important not to jinx yourself. Pretty much everything I said I'd never do has come back to bite me in the ass. Sometimes literally. In fact, as I write this, there is a six year old sleeping jackknifed on my bed with his feet bruising one of my kidneys! I swore I'd NEVER let my kid sleep with me, now I'm afraid his wife may too one day.

    Kisses to the happiest baby I know, tell her auntie K loves her and her poofy dresses ;)

    ReplyDelete