Sunday, June 15, 2014

An Ode to Fathers

I thought I should take a moment to appreciate all the dads out there on this day. Specifically the dads who have really embraced fatherhood, not just donated genetic material to create a tiny human. So, Happy Father's Day to the dads who:


  • Have napped with babies in their arms
  • Have been puked on, pooped on, and peed on without batting an eye (or at least without puking themselves)
  • Have contemplated pushing down other small children at the park who dare look wrong at your child
  • Have walked out of stores carrying bright pink princess cars
  • Attempt dressing their kids (seriously, this is hard)
  • Go to every gymnastics class
  • Still carry that kid in the hiking backpack, even though she is definitely big enough to walk
  • Still can't say no to "please Daddy?"
  • Moonlight as dinosaurs

I'm lucky enough to say that Trinity's daddy has done all of this and more. I'm good at giving him a hard time about his odd dad ways, but I rarely tell him Thank You for being such an awesome dad. He's patient when I'm not, understands when I don't, and teaches things I can't. Thanks Trav, for being the perfect donor of your genetic material. We created a pretty awesome kid, and I guess you deserve at least 30, 40, ok 50% of the credit. I definitely could not do this without you.

In honor of Father's Day, Trinity answered a few questions about her dear ol' dad.

  1. My dad is funny because: He laughs like a little bird! tweet tweet
  2. My dad thinks I am funny when: I sing and dance
  3. My dad is 29 years old
  4. His favorite thing to do is: Play with me
  5. His favorite color is: Green and Blue
  6. My dad's job is: at an office
  7. He loves to eat: Rice and broccoli
  8. He is really good at: Loving me
  9. My dad loves when I: Play with him
  10. My dad always says: Love you
  11. My favorite thing about my dad is: Lots of things

It is evident in her answers that she feels loved and is not starving for attention from her dad. But maybe he should do something about that laugh...




HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!



No comments:

Post a Comment